The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Disable Widgets for K2 (6 posts)

1. mzeecedric
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is there a Plugin to disable Widgets for WPMU. I'm on 1.2.1 and Installed K2 096. Widgets are installed in /mu-plugins. I'd like to disable plugins on blogs that use K2 so that sbm is active. The plugin disable-wordpress-widgets (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/disable-wordpress-widgets/) does not work, since it's for WP 2.2. Any advice?

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually I would think the widgets shouldn't be running on K2. For them to work, they have to activated within the theme's functions.php and sidebar.php files.

3. mzeecedric
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi drmike. K2 comes with its own built in Widgets (Sidebar Modules, sbm) afaik. They allow a more detailed configuration on how to display widgets. But in case wordpress widgets are installed, the K2 widgets are disabled.

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

MAy want to ask over in the K2 support forums as I'm sure it's come up before.

Rather strange actually as if there's a conflict between the widgets, wordpress defaults to the ones supplied with the theme. Best example for this is the Blix theme.

5. mzeecedric
    Posted 16 years ago #

Wow, seems things are done! I've just upgraded to 1.2.3. and everything seems to be great! K2 096 works fine. I have installed disable-wordpress-widgets plugin in /plugins/-Folder and it works. So after activating K2 the users may disable WP-Widgets and use the K2 Widgets instead.

6. Parado
    Posted 16 years ago #

How to for new users turn off? This creates undue pressure on MySQL.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by mzeecedric
  • Latest reply from Parado