The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

blog/category/page/2/ 404 Error (help!!!!) (8 posts)

1. jerxs
    Posted 16 years ago #

For some reason I am getting a 404 error when trying to navigate through the archives of my site. I cant figure it out for the life of me....

I only get the error while trying to navigate through the archives of the "Home" blog, other sub blogs work fine...

heres an example: http://discoverfishing.net/blog/learn-about-fish/

Click on page 2 or next and the error shows itself, Ive tried restructuring permalinks and still nothing..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jer

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

What version of WPMU are you using? I had a navigation problem which was similar and was fixed in the latest full download

3. jerxs
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am using mu-1.2.1,

The thing I dont understand is that they were working fine just a few days ago, so I went ahead and deactivated a few plugins, I undid all other changes I had made within the last couple of days and also started with a fresh .htaccess and still no dice!

Ive even went as far as changing the template to see if that made any difference and nothing.

Jer

4. jerxs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Im going to upgrade to 1.2.3, see if that works

Jer

5. jerxs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Updated and still nothing......

Any other ideas?

Thanks Jer

6. jerxs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Im such a sh*t head! he he he he, I figured it out...

I placed all the read all links in the right sidebar by hand and when doing so I failed to add the complete url to each category archive..

I wrote blog/categoryname/

when the links should have been

blog/category/categoryname/

damn this heat is really getting to me....

7. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

Glad you figured it out - and had the guts to come back and admit that it was a mistake on your part ;)

8. jerxs
    Posted 16 years ago #

I figured someone could learn from my mistakes, ALWAYS CHECK THE OBVIOUS FIRST! I spent a good 8 hours screwing around with permalinks, .htaccess files and some other things before I really took the time to put 1+1 together.

About this Topic