The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Add a non hosted blog to MU? (3 posts)

1. stealthfiction
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

this has probably already been asked but I was wondering if anyone has found out any hack or anything to do this...

A friend has a wordpress site that he has ran for sometime, he would like to join my MU blog network, so that new posts and comments get published on my MU's Home page with the other blogs in the network.

i was hoping someone might have a way to create an option for someone to join the network even if they already have a wordpress blog. is there anyway to do this?

2. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not sure what you mean by network but regular wordpress has an exporter and an importer. Dashboard -> Manage -> Export/ import.

You can also search the forums for "domain mapping" and "previous subdomain" for more on this topic.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

I believe the OP is getting at they would like to include posts on their main blog from their buddies standalone WP blog, while it remains standalone.

To which the answer would be yes, it's technically possible, but the method attracts some folks with malicious intent, who like to steal other folks feeds so that they can add them to their own site that is laden with advertising.

Needless to say, you won't find many "how to's" around here on it specifically. But, you should be able to put 2 and 2 together from my explanation.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by stealthfiction
  • Latest reply from lunabyte