The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Truncate category and archive posts (4 posts)

1. kp2575
    Posted 16 years ago #

I looked for help from the people that designed my theme but I haven't heard anything back. Since this is the most knowledgeable forum I deal with I figured I would post this here.

In looking into the supplemental issue that wordpress faces with google I read that the posts listed on my category and archive pages should NOT be full posts. I am using the modified version of K2 and I am not sure what I should do to edit them to make sure they don't list the full post.

Also what other tips do you have about getting your pages out of the supplemental index? I have read multiple postings and some site coding in the header and the robots .txt file, amongst other tips.

2. kp2575
    Posted 16 years ago #

I took care of the archive by using ELA but I am stuck on the category setup.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

4. kp2575
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the reply with the tinge of sarcasm, I understand the hierarchy and if it is simple as putting ?php the_excerpt(); where the_content(); is I would have been done with this awhile ago but in the structure of K2 I can't find it for the life of me...

About this Topic