The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Pls help me on the installation (8 posts)

1. bicka
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just installed and Im getting error msgs like

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /home/eezmolco/public_html/wpmu/wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php on line 1017

What should I do?

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is a new one for me.

Is there anything odd on line 1017?

3. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

What are you doing to get that error? Where is it appearing?

4. bicka
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is right after I installed wpmu. When I went to index.php

5. bicka
    Posted 16 years ago #

Pls help me anybody? This error appears on installation (right after i filled out the database name, etc.)

Creating Database Config File: DONE

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /home/eezmolco/public_html/wpmu/wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php on line 1017

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /home/eezmolco/public_html/wpmu/wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php on line 1017

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=1) state=1 in /home/eezmolco/public_html/wpmu/wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php on line 1017

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /home/eezmolco/public_html/wpmu/wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php on line 1017

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=3) state=1 in /home/eezmolco/public_html/wpmu/wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php on line 1017

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/eezmolco/public_html/wpmu/wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php on line 1017

What should I do?

6. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

how are you uploading your files to your server?

Also have you edited style.css as the code that is throwing the errors is trying to process the style.css file

7. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Does the name of your wpmu install or your admin user or anything else that you filled in in the forms contain any specifc characters?

8. wpmuuser
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,
    I had some similar problem like your when I was trying to install wpmu on my server. What I did to resolve this was the following:

I delete the whole installation files. unzip the ziped file again and restart the installation process and it all worked fine the second time around.

About this Topic