The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Subdomains & FTP (3 posts)

1. shoutlove
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I used Mu, last time a lot of plugins I wanted to use didn't work with it, so I quit using it. Basically, I'm looking at reinstalling it, but I have a couple questions before I do.

Last time I couldn't get subdomains to work, is there a tutorial on it? If not, could someone walk me through it?

Also, is it possible to use an FTP account with a subdomain so a hostee could upload their own templates? Again, if there's a tutorial, can I get the link?

Thanks so much!

2. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

The readme file contains information and a link on how to do the dns modifications.

As to the FTP, not really. That would be a huge security risk. I'm sure htough that you can create ftp accounts on your server though. Getting wpmu to recognize the uploaded theme would be a challenge as the site admin has to activate them for use or assign them to specific blogs.

But again, it's a security risk.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

3. hawaiian
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just wanted to chime in that the site admin can also enable/disable specific themes on a per blog basis, so your users could submit a theme to the admin who could then enable it for that user's blog only if desired.

-Hawaiian

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by shoutlove
  • Latest reply from hawaiian