The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

pages displaying as blog posts (4 posts)

1. aschweig
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm trying to create two different templates for a site I'm working on: http://nightlights.blogs.wfiu.org, one called "shows" will display only posts in that category (category 6 I believe) and the other "blog" will display posts in all categories except that one. They'll have different sidebar content, but that seems like an easier problem to fix once I get the big one solved.

The issue is that not only is Wordpress not grabbing the
    templates I want it to (I made templates called "shows" and "blog" but it keeps just grabbing the index.php template), but also that it's displaying an empty blog post with the title of the page I created (using the usual method which seemed to work for the other pages I made for this site).

Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong here? Kind of new at this and several attempts have been fruitless. Thanks for any advice...

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Codex. Template Hierarchy.

3. MrBrian
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm also having this problem after much looking.. and i honestly can't figure it out. Someone know why it keeps displaying an empty blog post with the title of the page? I'm trying to create a blog page for my main WPMU site.

4. MrBrian
    Posted 16 years ago #

No one? :( I'll pay $15 for help.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by aschweig
  • Latest reply from MrBrian