The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

order or comments (4 posts)

1. awacht
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've looked around, and can't seem to find any guidance, or answers. I'd like to reverse the order of the comments on the blog page. They currently run descending, with the most recent all the way at the bottom. I want to have the comments displayed most recent first.

Does anyone know what code I need to amend to do this - or if there's an easy way i've simply overlooked?

thanks

2. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Needs some more information please. Is this just for one specific blog or for all of them within a WPMu setup?

3. awacht
    Posted 16 years ago #

There's really one blog I have that gets so much use I'd like to save the readers from days of scrolling.

That being said, if there's a way to control it across the board, that's great. If it has to be done per blog, that's fine too.

thanks

4. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually there's a number of threads on the topic over in wp.org land. If you want to do it site wide, I'd just edit all of the themes. If you want to just do it for a single specific blog, I'd dupe the theme with a different theme name in the theme's style.css file, don't make it available to everybody via Dashboard -> Site Amdin -> Themes but force it to that blog via Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Blogs -> Edit -> that check list along the right hand side.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/38145

There's a couple of different methods in that thread. You'll have to look at your theme's files to see which works best.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by awacht
  • Latest reply from drmiketemp