The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Modifying WPMU (6 posts)

1. RedBMedia
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello all,

For the last several months I have been busy modifying a version of WP to work better with in the industry that I work. Many of my modifications are focused at customized templates and plugins. However, a few of the modifications have required that I change some of the WP code itself to function in a specific way. I am now at a point where I am complete with my modified version of WP and I am now interested in developing a WPMU version of my modifications. I understand that WPMU code is 99% original WP code. But my question is, what code represents that 1%? I need to know what parts of WPMU are exclusively MU related. I think its important that I understand which code is MU code so that I don't accidentally modify or delete something that needs to be there. Yes, I have already taken a look at trac.mu.wordpress.org and do be honest, I am not really sure where to begin. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In the mean time I will begin dissecting WPMU myself.

Joe

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 16 years ago #

Take a look at the changelog. Pay special attention to which files are being merged in from WP.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Seems like to me that most of this admended code is within the wpmu-* files and the wp-content/blogs.php file.

4. RedBMedia
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thank you both for your replies. Things here at work have just gotten crazy. Studying the change log and dissecting WPMU might have to wait for a weekend project (hopefully this weekend). I will keep everyone posted.

Joe

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not a problem. There are other changes floating around. Best bet I would think would be to search for $blog_id and (I think it is) $current_site as both of those variables are wpmu-specific.

6. MrBrian
    Posted 16 years ago #

Perhaps you could use a program like WinMerge to compare the code side by side?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by RedBMedia
  • Latest reply from MrBrian