The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Issues all around (6 posts)

1. flisk
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm having issues all around with WordPress MU. Perhaps it's something i did (or did not do) in the install. When I go into the Site Admin area and Blogs then Edit Blogs, I can rename the blog and give it a Blogdescription; however once I save nothing happens. The name is changed on that edit area but the main blog remains My Weblog with "just another weblog" as the description.
    Moreover, when I try to set the Users can Register to 1 and click save, nothing happens, it does not save. It reverts back to 0, and does not allow anyone to register.
    Nor does it "remember me" when I check the box, i have to log in each time.
    any ideas?

2. Ix
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Check the permission of the files concerned. I don't know what they are, but it can't be too hard to figure out. If you have access to the server (via PuTTY, etc) try using tail -f <YOUR APACHE LOG FILEPATH HERE> and watch what happens when you try to edit those pages. Chances are it will tell you what files need a change in their permissions.

3. ajscam
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello.

I've just installed wordpress-mu-1.2.2.

I too experience this problem. To be more precise, I have created a new blog called BLOG_X, whose URL is "http://blog.nowhere.local/BLOG_X".

The name on the page at the above address is correct, however, at blog.nowhere.local, under "The Latest News", "Updated Blogs", all new blogs show up as "My Weblog".

I can go to "http://blog.nowhere.local/BLOG_X/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php?action=editblog&id=2" and change it, but it does not appear to have any effect.

It seems it is due to the fact that the table wp_X_options has two rows for option_name='blogname'; one with option_value='My Weblog' and the second with option_value='Renamed to Value'.

If I delete the first record, everything seems ok.

Is this as expected?

Thanks.

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

5. kodama
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm having a similar problem, but can't see any duplicate entries in wp_X_options.

6. kodama
    Posted 16 years ago #

Oops, there it is... nevermind.

About this Topic