The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Category counts not updating (5 posts)

1. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

I upgraded to 11-14 build and now category counts are not updating in the wp_blogid_categories table. I can create new categories, add posts to them and this is reflected in the Manage->Categories tab, but the table in MySQL shows 0 for the category count. The wp_blogid_post2cat table also shows the post associated with the newly created category and both categories show up in the Manage->Posts tab.

The effect is that the newly created categories do not show up in the category list since they have a count of 0.

I also notice that Uncategorized has the wrong count. The table says 2 which is correct, but the Manage->Categories tab gives a count of 5.

Any clues?

2. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

Where is this in the code? I see that there have been changes to categories.php and functions-post.php, the two most likely places wp_blogid_categories table would get updated. I just don't see what changed that might cause this or how to fix it. It is rather a big deal.

I ran the update_site script and it looped through all the blogs. Has there been a change in the DB schema that didn't get run?

3. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

Still appears not to be working in 12-13 build. I added the optionscount=1 to wp-list-cats and the counts showed up as expected next to categories. I then created some new categories and moved some posts out of General to the new categories. The new categories have the right count but General acts like the posts are still filed under General?? Is this info cached and so it will clear up after a relaunch? Or is there a problem?

4. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

I tried an F5 to clear the cache and a relaunch and the counts are still wrong??

5. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

I think this is a wordpress bug. I had the same problem on my site running wp2.0-svn after moving posts to different categories. It fixed itself after I posted again.

The cache is stored on the server in wp-inst/wp-content/cache. At your own risk, delete the contents, but not the cache dir itself, to reset the contents.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by kahless
  • Latest reply from itdamager