The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Redirect error in /wp_admin (4 posts)

1. Giraffian
    Posted 16 years ago #

If you create a new user *without* a blog - just a username
    And then create a blog for that user later
    And then try and go to <sitename>/wp_admin/ (the Site Admin link in the meta block from the site home, or from anywhere other than your own blog really)
    It fails to redirect to your own admin section; it just gets into an infinite loop and generates a browser error (in Firefox anyway, IE just loops)

This is not a problem if you create a new user with a blog, only if you create a new username only, no blog.

The obvious workaround is of course to prevent new users from making an account with no blog attached, but this is a pretty crappy workaround.

Using wordpress mu 1.2.4 and apache 2.0.58-r2

2. Giraffian
    Posted 16 years ago #

Should also mention that if you log in with any of the users with blog created later, the login page itself causes the same error (since the login process redirects to wp_admin)

3. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

As per the readme.txt file included within your download, please raise this issue on trac.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org

Also please check your error logs to see if anything is appearing in there. (I doubt it but just to be sure.)

4. anjovis
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm getting this after creating just one user with one blog. Extremely frustrating, I can tell you. What exactly is this bug about? I don't have subdomains, I only have directories setup for blogs, is it the .htaccess, can I just ditch it (i don't give a damn about pretty urls)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by Giraffian
  • Latest reply from anjovis