The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

unable to update themes (6 posts)

1. pax2003
    Posted 16 years ago #

under site admin tab
    under the themes tab
    I attempt to activate a theme
    but a download dialog comes up asking me to download wpmu-edit.php.
    everything else works in my wordpress installation except this. Is anyone else getting this problem?
    how can I manually sets these options?

2. pax2003
    Posted 16 years ago #

Does anyone else have this problem

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

No

Have you checked the filename of wpmu-edit.php ? Look for anything that might make the webserver not think its a php file (like a trailing dot)

4. pax2003
    Posted 16 years ago #

I downloaded the most recent code from wordpress-mu with svn. i replaced the wpmu-edit.php with the one from trunk.

It worked.

then i did a diff between the old one and the new one. No difference at all.

i have no idea why it did not work before.

and another problem i am having. i am unable to delete a post from the home page blog.

5. ReikiMusic
    Posted 16 years ago #

I had exactly the same issue, on my new install using the blog as folder structure.
    On the previous version using blog as sub domains structure, I did not have that issue.

To cure, I deleted the file on the server and uploaded it again. Nothing wrong with upload mode. RWX permissions were all identical.

BTW it says at top "themes can be enabled on a per blog basis". How?
    Do you mean by site admin, or by user. Seems like user to me, and I would like it be admin.

Ditto for plugins on a per blog basis by admin.

UPDATE - above cured it once but is now not happy again. Can't correct it :-(

6. RobertPalmer
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm having the exact same problem. It worked once, but when I tried replacing the theme folder, it started doing exactly what pax2003 described. The filename of wpmu-edit.php is correct. I can't enable, disable, add or remove any themes, including the default themes that came with the installation.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the character encoding on the theme file. Other that that, I have no leads.

Any help is appreciated.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by pax2003
  • Latest reply from RobertPalmer