The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU User Levels (5 posts)

1. WPITn2shape
    Posted 16 years ago #

Either by 1 - 10 or subscriber, author, etc... I can't find those roles listed or editable in my MU install.

If this can't be edited, is everyone listed as an author, and those who just signed up for an ID, are those subscribers? I'd like to be able to promote the IDers to authors, so that wouldn't be good for me.

Thanks if anyone knows.

2. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

Single WP user roles and WPMU roles are the same. Each blog has its own administrator each blog admin can add users to their blog under Dashboard-->Users. Each added user can range from Subscriber to Admin.

The difference with WPMU is the users must register at the home blog or be added by the Site Admin to the community first. "Outside" visitors can only be added to a blog after they have visited wp-signup.php.

The roles/capabilities are defined within each blog, not attached to the user. A user can be a subscriber of one blog, an admin of their own, an Author on a few others. Each blog admin controls their own users. The Site Admin only controls who registers at the site.

To sum up, users without blogs can be added to blog at Dashboard-->Users, provided they indeed are registered.

3. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Those who just signup for an account are listed as subscribers on the main blog. This is done so they have a dashboard so they can change their passwords and email address.

For their levels to be modified, they have to be added into a blog first. Then they'll show up on the users list for that blog.

4. Malboro
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

5. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

spam much?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by WPITn2shape
  • Latest reply from demonicume