The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Which file has the function get_option (4 posts)

1. rooler
    Posted 16 years ago #

Which file has the function get_option.
    Related question, how do you search the source from within trac?
    Search does not seem to search through the source.
    http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/search?q=get_option&wiki=on&changeset=on&ticket=on

2. beaulebens
    Posted 16 years ago #

Download the entire source to a local machine, then use a decent text editor to search for strings like "function get_option" which is the PHP definition of that function.

You can do this on the command line (on *nix machines) using; grep -r "function get_option" * (note that * which is supposed to be there).

BTW: wp-includes/functions.php contains get_option

3. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

I like ultraedit myself. It's a pay product and the coder is a religious nut but the software is darn cool and there's a 45 day demo. Plus it color codes php code and scripts and helps check the end brackets for functions.

I gave up on windows internal search eons ago.

edit: If you're famuliar with the cracking community, this is a very popular program.

4. Bike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ha, it is always funny to see how people are thanking 'God' for making everything happen and then still charge for the end-product. Wonder what His/Her/Its commission is ;-)

Anyway, I know the following is blasphemy to some of you, but: I still have MS Frontpage up and running, especially for code searches/replaces, easy deletion and moving of files etc. Works good for me...

About this Topic