The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

hit counter for individual blogs? (6 posts)

1. billdennis
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've searched, but I can't find a solution in already existing posts:

Can anyone provide a solution to this quandry: Several blog admins have told me that want to add their own hit counters. Is there one that I can add manually to their sidebar.php files that will let see how many people are visiting their blogs.

Thank you in advance for any help.

2. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

All I can think of is customised themes... there is a wp plugin for google analytics though.. perhaps that might work?

3. barrybell
    Posted 18 years ago #

There are three google analytics plugins. I'm using this one : http://mycvs.org/archives/2005/11/14/google-analytics-wordpress-plugin/

...and it's working with MU.

Users need to sign up for a Google Analytics account, though (and they need to go to google to see their stats), but all they need to do from a WPMU point of view is activate the plugin and enter their google tracking id on an options screen.

No template tweaking at all.

4. barrybell
    Posted 18 years ago #

Having said that, google analytics is completely b0rked at the minute. Keeps redirecting back to google.com after logging in.

Google analytics is probably overkill if all your admins want is a simple counter, though.

5. billdennis
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

First: Thanks to everyone for their help.

Second: This is how I solved this issue, and killed two birds.

I finally bit the bullet and installed the Sidebar Editor blug in. I'm currently adding some Kubrick-based themes and manually changing the "get sidebar" code in these template files to work with this nifty little plugin.

Now, my users get get their own Site Meters, buttons and other add-ons and other goofyness.

I love it. Now they'll stop bugging me.

Now, my only grief is getting the Theme Switcher plugin to work on all these new themes.

my url: http://blogpeoria.com

6. Invizz
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I wanna make something like a plugin for this issue.

Imho best thing will be a small icon in the top left of the screen, which shows a tool tip on mouse over, with statistic. This dont needs any customization for themes, thats why it's a good idea imho

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by billdennis
  • Latest reply from Invizz