The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

main page with comments (7 posts)

1. goko
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello,

I would like to change main page of each user's blog so instead posts it would only display first post and his comments. Each blog will contain only default first post.

Basically i want foobar.domain.ltd/?p=1 to show as default page of each blog.

Which is cleanest/least messiest way to do this?

WPMU is installed with default settings (subdomains).

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Add a home.php to each theme, and make it show only 1 post.

3. goko
    Posted 16 years ago #

"Basically i want foobar.domain.ltd/?p=1 to show as default page of each blog."

I don't see how home.php is making things any easier

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Um, maybe you might want to look at http://codex.wordpress.org/ and check out templates and such.

Also, a search from that site will reveal that many people have asked the same thing, and that it is quite possible.

Using the referenced template file, you can pull exactly what you want, and it will show as the home page.

So that is how it's making things easier.

5. goko
    Posted 16 years ago #

I appreciate Your help very much. I haven't checked http://codex.wordpress.org/ yet and i did search that topic a lot but the tags seems so general search didn't come up with useful results.

So far i've put DirectoryIndex index.php?p=1 in .httacces file and did a little modification on wp-comments-post.php and that seems to work well.

I'm planning on modifying comments template from now on to have desired look and feel.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

You're really making it much, much harder than you need to.

The home.php template is all you need. Customize it til your hearts content.

7. goko
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks lunabyte. Solved it with home.php as you suggested.

About this Topic