The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

RSS Feeds in "User Only" Blogs (1 post)

1. sadieko
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry to bother you all, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas or suggestions for this.

In my Wordpress MU install, I have a Privacy Blog plugin that allows users to lock their blogs to be visible by registered users only. This also disables the blog's RSS feed (it throws an XML Parsing Errot at me), which makes sense when you consider that the idea of the privacy plugin is to restrict all content to the site.

However, I want to still be able to use those feed within the MU domain itself.

For example; User A frequently reads the posts on Blog B and would like to have the most recent posts show up in the RSS Widget on their personal blog. But since Blog B is privacy locked, they can't do this.

I do use Xiando's Friends List plugin (http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=5940&page&replies=5#post-35585) as a partial fix for this. This plugin allows User A to read all posts by User B on their dashboard regardless of whether they are "User Only" or not. But if Blog B is a multi-user blog, it's no good.

I want users to be able to access feeds for "Registered User Only" blogs and use them with the domain... but not off-site

If anyone has any ideas, or if something like this has already been put together, I love to find out. Thank you so much for your help!

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by sadieko