The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

posting youtube sources (18 posts)

1. adleras
    Posted 16 years ago #

hello

i am using wordpress mu ..last version

when i try to post codes like youtube videos:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6kUi1zHnd5Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6kUi1zHnd5Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

it never works. I click on save ... but it doesnt save. other codes work... from worpress like "link""code" ///etc

can you help me?

2. heyguy
    Posted 16 years ago #

I use the EasyTube plugin. Works for YouTube and Google Video.

3. adleras
    Posted 16 years ago #

usually when i was using the youtube code ... everything was working fine. now its the first time i have this problem. I need to publish videos from other sites.. not youtube or google. Youtube was just an example... maybe i need to enable something..or..change some settings i dont know about.

is there anybody who could help?

4. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

is there anybody who could help?

Um, heyguy did help. Please respect the time he took to respond to you.

Wordpress Multiuser is different from regular WordPress. Since normally you don't know whom your endusers will be, there are more security filters in place on content. WPMu will not allow you to use html tags like embeds, objects and scripts as they're a security risk. The work around is to use a video plugin that requires endusers to place a code that won't open up your site to hacking.

If you used the code previous, I'm 99.9% sure it was on the regular WordPress platform, not WPMu. That security filter has been in place for quite some time.

This is the one I'm currently recommending as it does over a dozen different sites:

http://www.daburna.de/blog/2006/12/13/wordpress-video-plugin/

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

5. adleras
    Posted 16 years ago #

hey thanks a lot. yes i've used embed codes on regular wp..never on wpmu. thanks a lot for ur help guys. I ams till looking for a plugin that would alow me to play videos from any site..cause... this last plugin u gave me...has a lot of sites..but doesnt has what i am looking for. maybe i could just modify a plugin ...to make it work with the sites i need. Anyway... this last plugin helps a lot more.

thanks both of you :)

still looking ;) maybe i can remove the filter just for the admin user... or..who knwos..maybe there are also other solutions to this problem :)

6. adleras
    Posted 16 years ago #

how can i alow embed codes in my wpmu?

7. heyguy
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think this is what you're looking for. Found using the "search" function up top. ;)

8. adleras
    Posted 16 years ago #

hey mate.. this is great. If I wasnt so lazy I could have found it myself...like u said :) thanks a lot :) I hope i'll make it work :) this means the future of one of my websites :D ... if i cant get embed codes for other bloggers also ..i will be forced to use Movable Type ... and to be honset i am a little wp fan :D

thanks buddy

9. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just realize though that if you allow your endusers to use embeds freely, you open up your site to security concerns.

It's worth it to some people where they know everybody but it's not recommended for a general wpmu install where anyone can signup.

Someone else was working on putting back in the 'unfiltered_html' flag I believe as a plugin. I can't search here but you may want to.

10. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

I would like to add that an-archy media player only allows the use of defined video sites (youtube, google videos, and so on).

But once we want to embed different videos from other sites. We are stuck.
    How can we manage this issue in wpmu ?

11. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

You code in additional filters or find a plugin that allows those sites.

I asked months ago a number of times what additonal sites folks wanted to see filters for. Never heard a word.

12. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry, I probably missed the topic :

Here are the additionnal sites I would like to be added :

- soapbox.msn.com
    - vpod.tv
    - blip.tv
    - wideo
    - wat.tv
    - yahoo video
    -dotsub.com
    And also (less important to me :) ):

# Castpost
    # ClipShack
    # Grouper
    # OurMedia
    # Revver
    # Vimeo
    # Vsocial

Hope this helps. Let me tell how I could help more in this area

13. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Blip.tv, Yahoo, Grouper, Revver, and Vimeo are already included within that plugin.

14. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yep, didn't check before posting my list.
    But others like dotsub, vpod and soapbox could be excellent !!

15. adleras
    Posted 16 years ago #

i've downloaded the plugin u recomended from http://www.daburna.de/blog/2006/12/13/wordpress-video-plugin/ and i added the sites i needed. But its kind of complicated for other users to post videos with it. I hope I'll get a better ideea how to improuve that source code and make it easier for them. I've also tryied to hack the kses.php like malandry explained .. but only youtube embeded codes work.. not the codes i want. So..in the end.. i will try to modify and make it easier to use..that plugin u told me about.

thanks a lot again.

16. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Um, folks. It's the name of the site and the number of the video in between brackets. I'm not sure how much easier it can be.

17. adleras
    Posted 16 years ago #

mate... the site i wanted to use the plugin with is not listed in the plugin. i had to add it myself. and the code its not so simple as youtube or google videos. its more complicated..a lot more. its not just a number ...

18. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello drmike,

Easier is the way anarchy works : a button for videos, and you just have to copy paste the url in a box.

For dumb users, it's a great feature, but too limited. People don't like to mess with the code :)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by adleras
  • Latest reply from enseignement