The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Why blog administrator can't add a user? (4 posts)

1. mark-k
    Posted 16 years ago #

As far as I understand, in order to add an author to a blog, the author has to first register himself in the site, and only then the blog administrator can add him.

To me this process seems like a waste of time and the user should be "added to the community" when it is being registered as an author in a blog. But before I go and change code, I would like to understand the reasons that it is being done this way.

Thanks.

2. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

If I understand your question correctly, I think the reason a "blog admin" can't add a user, is because users are at the "site" level in mu.

Users can be created by the Site Admin or people can create their own accounts--subject to restrictions by site admin--then, once a person has an account, any "blog admin" can add them to their blog.

I like the fact that the "site admin" has control over creation of users...I wouldn't want individual blog owners to be able to create additional user accounts.

Steve

3. mark-k
    Posted 16 years ago #

But at least in the default installation there is actually no moderation on who can register (except for the e-mail domain) therefor the restrictions on other possible paths of registration do not make sense to me.

4. diegoalberto
    Posted 15 years ago #

I had this problem too, not actually "solved" but goover installing the WordPress-MU multi-site plugin, deleting the site of the blog that was giving problems, creating the site again cloning all the options of one of the sites that could add users without problems. Hope it helps. Greetings from Colombia

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by mark-k
  • Latest reply from diegoalberto