The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

emails go to junk mail (spam) (9 posts)

1. ala101
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello!
    I noticed that whenever a new member register at my wpmu website , then the confirmation email goes to the Junk mail(spam) in his email ..

Could anybody help me to solve this problem because i didn't face this before.

TIA!

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

not a lot you can do about it - their spam filters have decided its spam. You could try changing the wording of the activation mail but its probably more to do with your email provider been flagged as a significant source of spam

3. ala101
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok Steve!
    Now my wpmu can send to the inbox of Yahoo and Gmail without any problem!
    But for Hotmail .. no confirmation emails are received neither in inbox nor in junk email !

Where is the problem now do u think ?

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

Who knows - once its gone from your server its in the lap of the gods.

I have heard stories of hotmail basically blackholing email that they think is spam.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hotmail sucks, and they could care less. Been there, fought that.

6. ala101
    Posted 16 years ago #

But the real problem is that the emails aren't even going to the junk mail in hotmail :(

that is really bad ..

Is there any procedures to contact them and complain about this problem ?

7. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

They're not going to care...it's probably more useful if you just place a notice on your site that hotmail accounts should not be used when creating an account. I would put AOL in that same list.

Steve

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

"Is there any procedures to contact them and complain about this problem ?"

Yes, but it's tough to find, and more run around than any person should have to endure.

Just add hotmail to you banned domain list. You'll thank yourself in the long run, as a TON of them bastard spammers use hotmail. Granted, they're getting bad with yahoo, and gmail too.

9. ala101
    Posted 16 years ago #

i banned them :)
    Thanks a lot for your nice help my friends .

About this Topic