The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

confirm username before able to blog (7 posts)

1. MrKid
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi, i have try a modify for the usernames' confirm before able to blog.
    I have read this document:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU_Admin_Confirmed_Username_Before_Able_To_Blog

The modify isn't ok.
    After this modify, the server response me with an error in the wpmu-functions.php at the line 1120.

I have the latest version (1.2.5)...
    could everyone help me?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Confirm user name?

As in, through email or something?

MU does that automatically.

Sign-up, get an email, have to click the activation link, then it sends the username and a randomly generated password.

3. atgeist
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm having the same problem. Each time I post something, I have to re-login. Sometimes, it takes the post, other times it does not. I notice when I don't select a "category", it doesn't ask me to login again. But the minute I go back and select a category for the post, it asks me to login again.

I noticed this on the blogroll as well.

4. MrKid
    Posted 16 years ago #

@lunabyte: i've tried to create some blogs, with different email, but WPMU hasn't send me nothing. I must active this option? How?

5. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Search the forms for email configuration.

If you're not getting email by default from your system when you go through wp-signup.php and create a blog, then your server is having issues with email.

Anything in the logs about it?

6. MrKid
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi lunabyte,
    maybe i'ven't understand very well your answer (grrrr... i must study english!)!
    1) I don't believe that the problem is the server with the email, because, when i've create a new account with a new blog (i was logged with the admin's account), the system sent me the email; the problem has rised (:S) when the account has been created by an unidentified account!

2) Where i can see the logs?

P.S.I have another question posted hier!

Thanks a lot
    Gaetano Contaldi

7. atgeist
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm still having issues with posting to my blog(s) as "admin". Every time I try to modify an existing post (whether posted originally by myself or someone else), I get redirected to the Login screen again after I "Publish" or "Save" a post. When I try to add links under the Blogroll, I'm getting the same message. I just upgraded to 1.2.5a and this problem started.

About this Topic