The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Mysql Queries / processes Hanging, Causing connection Errors, Help! (6 posts)

1. remotay
    Posted 16 years ago #

I Asked my host to look into the situation, and Heres what I got from them
    "The reason you are getting those errors is that your wordpress install is leaving connections open with the mysql server after it has finished its query, these are taking up the open connections:

[root@anime ~]# mysqladmin proc
    +-------+-----------+-----------+----------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
    | Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info |
    +-------+-----------+-----------+----------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
    | 2858 | eximstats | localhost | eximstats | Sleep | 7575 | | |
    | 28369 | animetha | localhost | animetha_wrdp1 | Sleep | 491 | | |
    | 28590 | animetha | localhost | animetha_wrdp1 | Sleep | 384 | | |
    | 28808 | animetha | localhost | animetha_wrdp1 | Sleep | 297 | | |
    | 28894 | animetha | localhost | animetha_wrdp1 | Sleep | 253 | | |
    | 29346 | animetha | localhost | animetha_wrdp1 | Sleep | 67 | | |

See? There are threads that have been idle for 491 seconds. No apache thread or php script should need to be connected for that long.
    "

I Was told to post here, as It's entirely wordpress related. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to remedy the situation? My wordpress has 340 or so categories, and 5.5k+ Posts, if it means anything It's also running on a high end dedicated.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

By default wordpress uses mysql connections that close. You can configure it to use persistent connections but as far as I know the only way to do that is to change the connection calls in the appropriate db file.

3. remotay
    Posted 16 years ago #

I need the connects to close after they finish their queries. But it's not happening, thats the problem. I don't need them to remain persistently open, just need them to close after their queries are done. Thanks for the reply though Steve.

Any Devs know the problem here? Im using 2.2x version I believe, Not the latest one, but the previous version of wordpress.

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

wordpress ? not wordpress MU?

This is the wordpress MU support forum

5. remotay
    Posted 16 years ago #

Oh wow, Sorry. Making a new thread there, Sorry!

6. ppriede
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have this problem, but with Wordpress MU, and have almost 90 connections in Sleep

Any help?

About this Topic