The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

HELP! Error 500- Internal Server Error (3 posts)

1. kchila
    Posted 16 years ago #

So, my Wordpress installation is up and running. Everything works, except, when I go to enable new templates. When I click submit the page automatically redirects to 1and1 (my host) Error 500-Internal Server Error. So the problem come, because I don't have any templates installed. So I can't deploy the website until I get templates up, but it simply won't let me. I would appreciate it if someone would help.

Thanks,

K

2. ala101
    Posted 16 years ago #

you probably have problem with permissions.
    Please make sure that Folders are CHMODED to 755
    Files CHMODED to 644

3. JupitersCollision
    Posted 16 years ago #

Some of you might have run into the same problem I did. I was getting an awful error message on my sites.
    "500 Internal Server Error"

I searched all over the forums only to find minimum help. I even e-mailed tech support to my host provider and they told me to use more of their products because it was a problem with my wordpress installation.I went in and deactivated all the plug-ins that I had activated. Finally coming to one that was the problem.

"WP-Cache 2.1.2 Plug-in - Very fast cache module. It’s composed of several modules, this plug-in can configure and manage the whole system. Once enabled, go to “Options” and select “WP-Cache”. By Ricardo Galli Granada."

I went into the options and deleted the cache. Then deactivated it and BAM! back to normal.

Good luck everyone!

John

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by kchila
  • Latest reply from JupitersCollision