The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How To: Moderate signups (13 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I whipped up a tutorial for you over here:
    http://wpmututorials.com/hacks/how-to-moderate-signups/
    It;s a light hack, not a plugin

I've already got it running on my main install for about a month now, and with all the options I plunked in the notify email, it's usually fairly easy to tell if the blog is a splog or legit.

If you have a small setup or get a small number of legit bloggers in the run of a day, it works quite well.

2. mikeboy3
    Posted 16 years ago #

could you make it more specific, by showing the actual code we have to copy? because I don't have the same amount of lines you do, and the "wpmu_signup_blog_notification" function starts on line 1114 nos 1106 like on your tutorial and I'm confused

3. mikeboy3
    Posted 16 years ago #

well, I did the edits, took me a while to figure it out, but it works perfectly, this is a good solution to fight spam blogs! Thank you, now all we need is to make it a plugin

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yep, if your line numbers are off a bit, just read a few lines down and the function is right there. Copy everything from $admin_email to the end brace (but not including it) and paste it right before that end brace. Continue as directed.

5. bschwarting
    Posted 16 years ago #

enjoyed the site, http://wpmututorials.com/, especially the basics. keep the posts coming!

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks. Suggestions for posts are welcome. :)

7. mikeboy3
    Posted 16 years ago #

well, a trouble shooting faq, compiled from all the forum posts would be great, specially for the:
    "I installed WPmu but the redirect does not work"

that one is very popular, and others like that, so we reduce the amount of repeated posts and answers

8. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"I installed WPmu but the redirect does not work"

Oh, that one's a doozy. :) I forsee a series of posts. :D

9. mikeboy3
    Posted 16 years ago #

also the "how to close registrations" that one comes up a lot lately, it will be standard soon, but until then, noobs like myself will keep flooding the forum for help

10. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Easy, in the field where it says something like allowed emails, but your own domain name. Doesn't tell people signups are closed, but the process will fail and tell them their email is invalid.

11. mikeboy3
    Posted 16 years ago #

yes, but that would not allow users to register at all, I meant not registering a blog, just a user name.
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=6456&page&replies=6#post-38367

12. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just take that form field out of the registration page, until it becomes available in a later release.

13. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

That works too. :)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by andrea_r
  • Latest reply from andrea_r