The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Commenting on Mu Blogs: Separate User Logins? (9 posts)

1. sitegoddess
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi. I'm thinking about using Wordpress Mu on my site since I need about five separate wordpress blogs on my website. QUESTION: If a site visitor wants to comment on my blogs, do they need to create a separate username and password for each separate blog in order to comment?
    Thanks!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

No.

3. sitegoddess
    Posted 16 years ago #

okay...? :-) So that means people login once on my site somewhere (where?) and then can comment on allll the blogs with that ONE username and password?
    Thanks for any elaboration!
    Kristin

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

If you set it so users have to be logged on to post comments then yes that is how I understand it works.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Users can login on the main page if you have a link for them. Heck, if they've done it a few times' they'll know the URL.

Once a user is logging in from the main page they are indeed logged in site-wide.

6. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 16 years ago #

They will only be able to comment on blogs on the same domain.

They'll need to log on again (same login though) for any other domains hosted on the same install.

7. dronamraju
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for answering this question :) How do i set it so that all blogs created on my wpmu install by default require login for commenting? I didn't find it in the options

8. dronamraju
    Posted 16 years ago #

ok, I so i found it. I found a way to edit a file. Any one has a more elegant way of doing it?
    I edited wp-admin/upgrade-options.php (populate_options() function) to add
    + add_option('comment_registration', 1);

But this means i have a custom wp-mu file

9. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just keep track of it and whenever you upgrade, make sure you re-edit the file.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by sitegoddess
  • Latest reply from andrea_r