The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

AdSense revenue sharing plugin - updated (3 posts)

1. selad
    Posted 16 years ago #

The AdSense revenue sharing plugin for WordPress-MU has been updated.

One of the major additions is the option that allows you to add ads to your themes and still share the revenue with your users.

2. TechWorker
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is a good AdSense tool for the WPMU. Thankyou.

I have a question. It looks like the plugin is adding script to the google adsense code like

google_ad_client = <?php if (function_exists('get_adsense_code')) {get_adsense_code();} ?>

For some reason, if the code doesn't work, will it put the publisher into any kind of risk for tampering the AdSense code?

3. selad
    Posted 16 years ago #

TechWorker,

Good question.

Actually there was possibly another problem with Google TOS since if you place more than one ad on a page the plugin could place two different publisher codes in it. In some forums I have read that this is not allowed so I have sent a question to the Google Adsense team and got an answer that it IS allowed.

As for your question I don't have a definite answer. One is not allowed to change the Adsense script. On the other hand there are so many WordPress plugins that do just that and I could not find anyone saying he got in trouble for it.

My advice would be to test the plugin and see if it works. When you think it does, use it at your own risk :)

About this Topic