The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Need help with wpmu install (9 posts)

1. projectdesigns
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok this is what I got:

I have a server running windows server 2000
    I have installed IIS which WP says as long as the webserver supports PHP and MySQL it should work, so IIS should work.
    I have installed PHP 5 and it is working.
    I have installed MySQL 5.1 and it is working.
    I am using MySQL Administrator and I created a wordpress database and a wordpress user that has all the permissions.
    I unzipped the wordpress file into a foler called wordpress in my wwwroot folder.
    I also set up the wp-config file and filled in the MySQL settings

However now I don't know what to do.

I think I'm suppose to run a install script but I can't find it.

I tried going to http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/install-helper.php but that didn't work I got a error saying localhost isnt allowed or something.

What do I do next, please help.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

3. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Luna, see thread title. :)

but that didn't work I got a error saying localhost isnt allowed or something.

What do I do next, please help.

Um, no offense but searching is always a good way to start. You may also want to read the readme.txt file that's included with the download as you appear to have missed a bit. That you though for the server details in your post though.

4. projectdesigns
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have read the Read me File and I did everything it asked.

I go to http://localhost/wordpress/index.php just like it says I get this message

"No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance."

I have a feeling I need to configure something with IIS or something.

Any help would be great.

5. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Don't use localhost but localhost.localdomain as the hostname. Here's a thread on the topic.

6. projectdesigns
    Posted 16 years ago #

I tried that as well, I get a page can not be displayed error, like what you get when you go to a site that doesnt exsist.

Update:

I added localhost.localdomain in the host file and now I dont get a page can not be displayed message but I now get the same message I got before (see above).

7. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

I also set up the wp-config file and filled in the MySQL settings

That's not part of the readme file. You don't edit that file before install. The install program does it for you. Please replace it with a new copy else you'll get errors.

You may also want to run down the Debugging page for things to check and answer as well.

8. projectdesigns
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok I got rid of the wp-config file and replaced it back with the wp-sample-config file just like it was. I get this error message:

"No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance.Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit "

9. projectdesigns
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok I got it installed.

I needed to go to index-install.php

Thanks for ever ones help.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by projectdesigns
  • Latest reply from projectdesigns