The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to: bulk post category modifications (4 posts)

1. storpappa
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have a few hundred imported posts all to unassigned category. Currently it is a one by one process, manage, edit, change comment, publish.

Are there any plugins or scripts to allow for bulk changes to comments by post? I've found a few plug-ins for wordpress for pages, and one for posts but it doesn't seem to run under mu and is a few years old. So rather then continue to websurf, I thought I would check back here.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

If there was, I'd be all over it. ;-/ I have seven *years* worth of posts and the bulk of them are in the default category.

3. storpappa
    Posted 16 years ago #

wordpress-mu-1.2.5 If that makes a difference. I just did a site upgrade

I'd be willing to do this in SQL if I as I suspect it is not that big a deal..query for all posts on category blank or 0, whcihever is the default for no category as first step, then add a second search criteria for keywords
    then if that looks good change the search query into an update query with the new category value.

But as simple as that sounds, no one has done it yet? or better yet put it into a form / webpage?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I know, I've been looking for something like this for ages, and still no one has done it.

I hate to say it, but it's default in Moveable Type (one of the few features it has that i liked).

but it's on my hubby's to-do list. ;)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by storpappa
  • Latest reply from andrea_r