The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Admin pages hanging for one blog >> REALLY strange problem!! (2 posts)

1. barrybell
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey kids.

Anyone had this problem before??

I'm using WPMU to run a network of (currently) just 15 blogs. However, the admin pages for one of the blogs/subdomains have started hanging at about 95% loaded for no apparent reason. The only way I can browse to a different page in this subdomain's backend is if I clear the PHPSESSID cookie first. But as soon as I browse to another page in the backend after clearing the cookie, it hangs again.

I can see the actual blog without any problems, providing that I don't browse there from the backend. If I do try to browse to the blog from the backend, I need to clear that cookie first before it will work.

So, for want of a better explanation, it seems like the PHPSESSID cookie that's created when you're in the backend for this one blog/subdomain only is bad. (Is that even possible??)

I just can't understand this as it's kinda suddenly happened, and every other blog/subdomain in the network is working absolutely fine with no problems.

Is it something obvious that I've missed? Or is there something else I should check? I'm not even sure that it's an issue with WPMU, to be honest.

Please help, you're my only hope. (Not really, but I couldn't help typing that for some reason.)

Cheers in advance!!

2. barrybell
    Posted 18 years ago #

Right... the only way I've been able to fix this is to comment out the following function call in wp-admin/admin-footer.php:

check_for_pings();

Only I can't actually find the check_for_pings(); function anywhere in the code.

Does anyone know what check_for_pings(); does in regards to site/blog admin, and what the effects are of commenting the function call out?

Thanks again.

B
    wurk.net

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by barrybell
  • Latest reply from barrybell