The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Auto-enabling plugins (8 posts)

1. chowanec
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey all,

I've been trying to get Plugin Commander to work with my site and while it says that plugins are set to "auto enable" on creation of new blogs, they don't seem to be working. Thing is, I'm not sure why. The plugin *appears* to be functioning fine...

Is there anyway, via PHP, I can enable certain plugins by default that anyone knows about...? It is currently a VERY specific plugin -- the Flickr photo album by Tan-Tan -- which I've read won't work properly in the mu-plugins directory...

Open to options and thanks in advance...

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually, it won't work right with MU at all (last I grabbed a copy). It needed some pretty heavy tweaking for the cache, db table(s), and some other stuff as well.

3. chowanec
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hrm... seems to work fine for me right now -- perhaps because I'm running as the admin? Now I'm a bit concerned... :P I had at least one other user get it running and it seemed to be working with his Flickr key/secret...?

I read about the inline uploading being busted, which I have a hack together to have it not break things the post screen.

Are there any relatively good photo albums then? I found falbum, but since I had the flickr album working on a small-ish scale, I wanted to stick with it...

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

The flickr album is doable, but it will need tweaking. Uploads are fine, although with the default post bar you'll have to hack it so it also shows the tab to look through your uploaded (local) images.

It (should) appear to install OK, but look how it tells you to create the cache directory. It assumes a single user on WP, not tons of users on MU.

I hacked it to create/use a cache directory within the users upload directory, and all was well on that front.

It also had an issue with table prefixes, which had to be corrected as well.

Also, there's a template issue. The templates (at least were) all pulled from the plugins' directory, which could clash with some themes (and did). I had to hack it to pull the templates from the actual theme directory, and then had to customize the templates to blend with each theme.

It was a mess, but I guess it was worth it once I got it working correctly.

5. chowanec
    Posted 16 years ago #

Uploads: I got working via the change to line 205 in class-admin.php -- from:
    "return '../wp-content/plugins/silaspartners/flickr/'.$src;" to "return ''.$src;"

This worked for fixing the inline uploading issue others have reported.

In terms of the hacked cache, would you be willing to share what fixes or the php files you edited? It never even dawned on me -- but now that you mention the message it sends via clearing/setting the cache to writable, it's totally obvious... :P

Seems like this is the leading candidate for photo album support, and I'd like to centralize the various forum fixes somewhere until it can get the proper support from its author...

Because, for the most part, it's totally worth it when/if it works and seems to be one of the more common MU requests?

...and I cannot believe I hijacked my own thread. :P

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"Is there anyway, via PHP, I can enable certain plugins by default that anyone knows about...? "

If you're open to hacks, you can add a line to enable whatever plugin you want when the blog is created. I *think* it's in wp-includes/wpmu_functions.php

7. dbasulto
    Posted 16 years ago #

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well it doesn't for the OP, which is what they said.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by chowanec
  • Latest reply from lunabyte