The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Lost Site Admin capabilities! (9 posts)

1. spaced
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've been moving around our databases and I no longer have my site admin capabilities. How do I get them back (without reinstalling!). I have access to all the database and can navigate them fairly well so if there is just a setting I change someone knows about that would be grand!

Thanks!

2. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

If you can't login, then you may need to go into your wp-config.php file and make sure all your database connection details are still correct.

3. spaced
    Posted 16 years ago #

I can login I just get get access to wpmu-admin.php specifically.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Are you sure you're loggin in as the site admin?

5. spaced
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am 99.9% sure I am logged in as the site admin. My user name is admin, and up until now I have had access to everything. Could I have done something when altering databases that would have stripped me of my site admin capabilities?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, yeah, if you altered any related fields without knowing what they did.
    Find the table that stores users and check the role level for the site admin.

7. spaced
    Posted 16 years ago #

wp_1_user_level is 10.

Am I looking in the right place?

8. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Close.

Open up the table wp_sitemeta and look for a data record with a meta_key labeled site_admin. The meta_value I have in mine is:

a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";}

What does yours look like?

9. spaced
    Posted 16 years ago #

Mine was not the same. However, I changed it, and i've got my site admin stuff back! Thank you kindly.

About this Topic