The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Feed API Files? (6 posts)

1. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm wanting to create a plugin for a custom RSS feed thing, but would like to stay within the WPMU API, rather than strike out on my own with custom queries and such. I can see that feed.php includes what appear to be all the individual functions that go into making the feed work, but I'll be gosh darned if I can figure out where the process starts and where I can hook my functions.

The feed.php functions clearly rely on variables obtained elsewhere, but I'm not sure where. Could anyone tell me what files I would need to look at to get this process started? Does anyone have a list of feed hooks handy they'd be willing to share?

Thanks so much

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

There's soem hooks in... either wp=admin/index.php or index-extras.php. They hook into the dahsboard feeds for customizing. That help any?

3. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey, Andrea_r! Thanks for the reply.

Hmm. . well, those are for external feeds. What I'm looking for is how the WPMU goes about creating a feed for a blog, so I can create my own through the API.

For example, I'm hoping to create something that allows a user to create their own "My Favourites" feed, where they can select which blogs on my network they'd like to subscribe to. So I need be able to compile the list of blogs and get the entries from the dB, then output the whole custom feed as an RSS by porting all that information through the API.

Does that make sense?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Like a friend's list, yep. Makes total sense now that I know what you're doing. :D

5. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 16 years ago #

Cool! 8{D>

So, what I need to know is where in the API I can begin porting my content through to create an RSS feed. Any ideas?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Why not when selecting each blog, just pull that feed, and display all the individual feeds of the selected blogs?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by DragonFlyEye
  • Latest reply from andrea_r