The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to Upgrade (1.2.4 to 1.2.5)? (4 posts)

1. johndeery
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've been searching through the forums and google to try and figure this out...I have an existing set of blogs and I want to upgrade from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5.

I downloaded the zip file and copied all of the files into my weblog directory (sitename.org/weblog), then uploaded it to my server. After fixing my wp-config and .htaccess file so that it references my db, I'm getting a never-ending loop trying to access wp-signup.php.

How can I stop this from happening? I did the same setup on my testing server but let WPMU make the wp-config and .htaccess through the normal setup and I could see the site. I then restored my backed up tables, and I started to get the looping again.

Any help in trying to figure out what's going on?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

If you're uploading new files, then the htaccess and wp-config files shouldn't get overwritten.

The other thing is, there's an upgrade button in the backend - you have to click that to make sure the upgrade is complete.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, I did a five minutes search of the forums here and found these if you want step-by-step:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=6356
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=263

4. johndeery
    Posted 16 years ago #

Andrea,

thanks for finding those links for me. I had successfully copied all of the files up to the server, but I still get the same problem: I cannot seem to get to any page without it going into an infinite loop on the wp-signup.php page. I'm not really sure why it's happening, but as soon as I have my old (1.2.4) database information in the server, this happens. When I try to run wp-admin/upgrade.php, it tells me that my database is up-to-date.

As soon as I redo my backup files (rename weblog to weblog_new and weblog_copy to weblog) the site works fine again.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by johndeery
  • Latest reply from johndeery