The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Adding blogs/users behind the scenes (3 posts)

1. birdy827
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi

Just installed WP MU, and its intention is to have it integrated into a current site, either as a frame on the header or integrated.. either way, when a user signs up to the site, I would like to add a blog for them as well with the same user/pass as the main site. Now, I also want them disabled until someone approves them for that area as well. The whole idea is to not require new users to sign up twice or three times.

We do the same for an integrated vbulletin forum, but they have an API.. WP MU can be all self contained, I just want to be able to add the user/blog and change permissions in the background.

Does anyone know if a plugin for this exists? Or, do I just need to monkey around with WP code? :)

Thanks!!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Gotta monkey aroudn in the code. Read the wp-admin/wpmu-functions.php file for the bit about new blog creation.

3. Megalion
    Posted 16 years ago #

birdy827, what you describe is almost exactly what I am trying to do too.

I want to automatically create a new WPMU user when a user signs up on the main site.

I also want to simultaneously log them into WPMU whenever they sign into the site.

Basically keep it all behind the scenes so that they never actually directly login to WPMU themselves.

Seems as though WPMU uses cookies to maintain user session. So looking for the code to log them in and set the cookies.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by birdy827
  • Latest reply from Megalion