The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Firefox 2.0.0.9: WordpressMu login problems (8 posts)

1. sgrunt
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi guys, i've just updated Firefox to the 2.0.0.9 and i'm in a big trouble with MU.
    I log in into my main blog. Then, when i use dashboard switcher for administraing sub blogs MU does not recognize me and it asks me for user and password.
    As you know, i can't log in a sub blog cause Mu seems do not accept this, and so i have no way to see the backend of subs.
    Also users, they log into the main blog but when they go to a sub blog they are unlogged.
    In explorer all works, and it worked in firefox too until this version update. It is the same for you?

2. sgrunt
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry for bumping, but i think this could be a serious issue for MU. I mean that with the new version of Firefox i can't see any way to admin sub blogs, because when the admin (or contributor) tries to go to the backend of sub blogs, MU ask again for user and password. And since MU accepts logging only from the main blog, it is impossibile to login or manage sub blogs. Until the previous firefox version it worked, and so it is not a MU installation problem.

ps: i've setted firefox to accept cookies and saving them until them expire (default).

3. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

Works fine for me.

4. sgrunt
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanx Kostan.
    And so, you use the 2.0.0.9 version of Firefox, you log in to the main blog, and when you go to the sub blogs you still remain logged in?
    I can't remain logged, using the dashboard switcher or simply viewing blogs: MU unlogs me when changing from main to sub blogs (in explorer it still works good).
    May i know your cookies setting? I use default setting for them (accept cookies and save them until tehy expire).

5. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have FF for testing, and it updated itself to 2.0.0.9. I tried several blogs and it worked just fine. Everything is default.

6. qza
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's working for me with Firefox 2.0.0.9, wpmu 1.2.5a

7. bala016
    Posted 16 years ago #

Me too got the same problem. I have both linux and windows. THis error occurs only in windows, not in linux

8. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just upgraded to 2.0.0.9 of FF and my WPMU install is behaving fine with the dashboard switcher working fine

Have you tried cleaning out the cache and removing any cookies?

As a complete aside I can log in onto other sub blogs as Admin no problems (I'm running in subdirectory mode if that makes any difference)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by sgrunt
  • Latest reply from SteveAtty