The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sitewide comments (4 posts)

1. kishorebudha
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is there a way to display comments from across all the blogs. I currently use wpmufeed.php by itdamager to create RSS feeds and then use the feedlist plugin to publish them. However, the feedlist plugin has a delay of nearly half hour before the additions to comments are displayed. This robs the homepage of its dynamicity. Is there another way sitewide comments can be displayed.

2. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Best bet would be just to lower the cache timing from within the wpmufeed to something you find more acceptable. Do note though that the caching is done for a very specific reason. Running through all of the blogs is a resource heavy process and is not something that should be done on the fly every time it's called.

+1 for coming up with a method on your own though. :)

edit: Make sure you're running the most recent version of the wpmufeed plugin by the way. ITD made an appearance a few months ago and released newer versions of the plugins. I remember a mention that the speed was increased.

3. wpmu123
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

thanks for the tip drmike

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

As a quick-fix for mine, I ran the comments site-wide feed thru feedburner and they whipped up a copy-and-paste code to plunk right in to the home page.

"Running through all of the blogs is a resource heavy process and is not something that should be done on the fly every time it's called."

On the other hand, if one were to use a SQL statement to get the most recent comments, one would only have to check the blogs that have been updated recently, not all blogs. :) Leaving a commnet registers a "recent change" in the db.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by kishorebudha
  • Latest reply from andrea_r