The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blogs for poker players (12 posts)

1. mrhenry
    Posted 16 years ago #

Betraise.org is a project that I've been working with for a long, long time and finally I think I'm ready to launch it!

Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

-Henry

2. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

That's pretty cute... I'm all in!

3. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

amazing. i've signed up for a blog just to check out the features. completely customized backend. this is pretty awesome.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Very nicely done main page - I *really* like the layout.

5. mrhenry
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the heads up! I'm just struggling to get real poker bloggers to sign-up at the moment...

EDIT: btw, the customized backend will only show for standards compilant browers such as Mozilla Firefox. It will look like normal for IE :(

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Blogging cuts into poker-playing time. :)

Seriously though, if you're in that coomunity and interracting - your username should be your domain name and (where possible) you should have it in your sig. Get enough people visiting and a portion of them will sign up.
    Alternatively, get some poker-news site to mention you.

7. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yeh, you gotta be pro-active in that front - and people need a decent incentive to get involved too.

Now if I know poker players then reputation & concersation are up there... so I'd say you need to really focus on getting the users talking to each other and you broadly promoting the site as the home of the best damn poker players on the web.

Basically, you get to be a promoter :)

8. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

whatever man, it looks great. its almost exactly what i've been striving for. unfortunately i'm not CSS ninja. your plugins, are they built in? if so, what do you plan to do when the Mu 2.0 comes out?

9. mrhenry
    Posted 16 years ago #

No, I'm not using a single hack with my install. All my plugins are executed either from the "mu-plugins" or "plugins" directory. I have made some changes to the html in wp-signup.php and wp-activate.php to reach the look that I was looking for, but other than that, it's all clean. So Mu 2.0 shouldn't be a problem.

10. theworkisdone
    Posted 16 years ago #

Design reminds my a bit of corkd.com ;-)

11. mrhenry
    Posted 16 years ago #

I know.

I admit that corkd.com has been a major inspiration for my design, but by no means did I try to copy the design.

12. theworkisdone
    Posted 16 years ago #

Maybe you try and change the comic figure a bit more, why not paint a group of them sitting around a poker table or so and change color scheme. Your site was just reminding me on the style of corkd, I did not say you've copied it.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by mrhenry
  • Latest reply from theworkisdone