The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Following svn commits (15 posts)

1. chmac
    Posted 16 years ago #

G'day,

I suggested on wp-hackers that we create an svn list, similar to wp-svn which tracks svn commits for WPMU. There wasn't really any response, but Jeremy Visser did suggest using this rss feed to track development. I've posted the link here in case anyone finds it useful.

I'd support creating a wpmu-svn list, anyone else?

2. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

3. chmac
    Posted 16 years ago #

That's a list for trac, not for svn. It's much higher traffic than an svn only list. For WP there is wp-svn and wp-trac, I think the same makes sense for WPMU.

What do others thing?

4. chmac
    Posted 16 years ago #

I meant what do others think! :)

5. moorezilla
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm in favor of anything that could make my wpmu code maintenance day as easy as

svn update

6. chmac
    Posted 16 years ago #

donncha: Can we get an wpmu-svn list setup? Should I put in a request to Automattic? Any suggestions?

7. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

chmac, would YOU QUIT linking to your site every time you post?

"Signatures" are against forum policy.

8. podz
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sigs I can find have been nuked.
    All future ones will be too.

9. chmac
    Posted 16 years ago #

Jesus, take it easy, where is this "forum policy" of which you speak? I can't find it and neither can a scroogle search.

10. podz
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

The policy of not allowing signatures in form posts was started in the .org forums and was adopted here.

If we allow sigs then the forum gets cluttered, information becomes harder to see and the chances of people posting just for links increases (not that you were).

It applies to everyone.

11. chmac
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok, so it makes sense I wouldn't know about it. I think it'd be worth linking from here to the wp.org guidelines if that's what we're using.

I was a bit pissed when lunabyte SCREAMED at me to stop linking, I hadn't noticed anyone ask nicely first! :)

12. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

13. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, since we're on a subdomain of wp-org, one could assume the rules to be the same.

14. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, that and the fact nobody else is doing it.

Coincidence? I think not.

15. chmac
    Posted 16 years ago #

While one could assume that "nobody else does it, therefore it must be a bad idea" and "the rules are probably the same as wp.org", I think it would be simpler and easier simply to post a link in a thread here and make it a sticky.

About this Topic