The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Title Showing Up as "Home" (5 posts)

1. sunshinegirl
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just noticed on technorati that my main site is called "Home" instead of "Chatty Women". I looked under "options" and "Chatty Women" is listed. The titles are correct for all of the blogs that are NOT the home blog. Is there a way to change that main title from showing up at "Home"? I just noticed that it is showing as Home in the Explorer bar at the top as well.

http://www.chattywomen.com

2. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

Look in the header (header.php) of your theme and see what is there between the title tags...maybe you got "Home" hard-coded in some way. If so, replace it with this and see if that helps.

<title><?php wp_title(); ?> <?php bloginfo('name'); ?></title>

Steve

3. sunshinegirl
    Posted 16 years ago #

It doesn't look like it is hardcoded, but it looks pretty complex:

<title><?php if (is_single() || is_page() || is_archive()) { wp_title('',true); } else { bloginfo('name'); echo(' — '); bloginfo('description'); } ?></title>

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

You can replace what you have with what Steve suggested.

The line you pasted just means "if it's a single page, a Page or an archive, do this, other wise, show the site name & description".

The line steve has up there says "grab the title and the blog name, whatever page we're looking at".

5. sunshinegirl
    Posted 16 years ago #

That gets me closer. LOL! Now I have "Home Chatty Women" but all of the other blogs have their titles correct. It's a step in the right direction. Thanks to you both!

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by sunshinegirl
  • Latest reply from sunshinegirl