The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Editing Files in MU (9 posts)

1. warner444
    Posted 16 years ago #

what is the easiest wat to edit files in MU? There is no access in the dashboard. Is there a plugin that ads this function inside the MU dashboard? Will this be added in the future?

please email me warner444@yahoo.com

2. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

Use a text editor?

I use Notepad2 and I love it.

3. sheatsb
    Posted 16 years ago #

seems like you're want to be able to edit theme and plugin files, which are disabled by default for MU installs, because you don't want just anyone touching plugins that others use. For those, I would just edit them in a text editor. I use TextMate on my MacBook Pro.

4. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Agreed. Since the files are shared among all of the users, you don't want to allow access to anyone.

And a quick note that posting the same question multiple times is usually considered to be very rude most places on the net as it wastes the time of the folks answering questions. I would suggest not doing so. (Actually found a comic book forum where it is acceptable. It's weird....)

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

for minor changes, I live on the edge and do it right on the server via the file manager.

6. billnoyes
    Posted 16 years ago #

VIM on the server or Text Wrangler on the Mac for me.

7. Iron
    Posted 16 years ago #

nvu on linux :)

8. miteshashar
    Posted 16 years ago #

I prefer the "Connect to Server" SSH option on Ubuntu...
    It opens my webspace in Nautilus(the file explorer in Ubuntu) and when I double click a file, it opens up in the text editor gEdit directly streamed from the server... and I can edit it on the go... Just make the changes and click save...the file is directly saved on the server over SSH...
    It is really cooooooooool.......

9. wpmu123
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

what is the comic book forum drmike?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by warner444
  • Latest reply from wpmu123