The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Hide admin side panel (6 posts)

1. luxinterior
    Posted 16 years ago #

I searched for a way to achieve this and found this post

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3297&page&replies=15

but the wp-includes/js/quicktags.js. that is referred do doesn't seem to exist in the latest release. I tried looking around for hours but to no avail.

I managed to hack the menu.php file to only show normal users what I want but I now need to hide all the widgets on the 'write post' page and just leave basic post writing abilities.

Title, post, upload and possible tags but that's all I want the user to be able to control.

Anybody have any suggestions or can point me to the correct file to edit?

Regards

Lux

2. luxinterior
    Posted 16 years ago #

Anybody have any idea how to achieve this?

Lux

3. mark-k
    Posted 16 years ago #

The easiest way is to edit the core code. You can use "brote force" and simply erase the code, or you can be somewhat more elegant and modify the admin css and attach a display:none to the elements you wish to hide.

Now if you don't want to modify the core code you will need to write a plugin which use the admin page load hook and add the css rule from it.

4. luxinterior
    Posted 16 years ago #

I tried editing the admin css but that didn't seem to work. can you give a clear example of EXACTLY what you mean, with code if possible?

Thanks

Lux

5. luxinterior
    Posted 16 years ago #

Still looking in vain for a solution to this problem. Anybody have any ideas?

lux

6. luxinterior
    Posted 16 years ago #

anybody?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by luxinterior
  • Latest reply from luxinterior