The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Site Wide Meta Tags (7 posts)

1. akeel
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,
    I'm a PHP novice and I'm sorry if you feel my question a little dumb.

I'm working on my domain 'http://wordstimulus.com'. I've trouble configuring 'donalog WPMU side wide tags' plugin.

I've installed simple tagging plugin in mu plugins directory and also donalog. Rest I don't know how to configure donalog plugin and how to call its functions, I've put 'dmk_show_tagcloud(){
    global $wpdb, $domain;'
    in my left side bar but its not working.

In forums I've seen many users successfully using WPMU side wide tags on their sites, hope you can help me out.

Thank You very much in advance.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Some of us who are using sitewide tags sucessfully are using a completely different method. :)

3. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

How efficient is your method? I might be interested in a script ;) I see you do custom work, but if you already have a working version...

If you could email me some numbers to
    mijaeus [] hotmail
    I'd be gratefull :)

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I emailed, it case it hit your spam folder.

5. akeel
    Posted 16 years ago #

Some of us who are using sitewide tags sucessfully are using a completely different method. :)

May be someone would like to give a hint?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Search here in the forums for drmike's sitewide tags. Caveat: they do not get the wp 2.3 tags, just the categories.

I'm working on the 1.3 tag version. I know someone else has done it, but it was for a client and they cannot release the code.

Also, I was reading over the plugin mentioned in the OP, and it is *very* resource-intensive and does not, in fact, use the internal tags but relies on a tag plugin, which makes no sense.

7. peeloo
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I've made a method for wp-include/wpmu-functions.php

You can have a look at it on my blog:

get_community_tag_cloud()

Some intructions to install it

It's kind of ressource intensive, making (n blogs+1) request to the DB each time it's called, it might be a good idea to store result in cache.

About this Topic