The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress-MU version 1.3 (11 posts)

1. tempsgranollers
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello

Sorry for my poor English.

I installed WordPress-MU version 1.3 mode directories. The program correctly recorded new user accounts, gives high blogs in the mysql database creating 8 files, but not physically creates the directory blog on the link that indicates the email received by the user. It does not appear anywhere on the new blog directory.

You know what is the problem?

2. ruigato
    Posted 16 years ago #

you could check this post, the problem isnt rosolved yet, but ir looks the same.

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=6899&page&replies=13

3. tempsgranollers
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for your reply.

My installation is completely new for me not had any previous version of wordpress. (?)

4. Iron
    Posted 16 years ago #

but not physically creates the directory blog on the link that indicates the email received by the user. It does not appear anywhere on the new blog directory.

You know what is the problem?

There is no problem !
    Those directories are VIRTUAL !

5. ruigato
    Posted 16 years ago #

see the post i indicate. In my case the new blog apears in the wpmu admin like its all ok, but the directory isnt created im blogs.dir maybee the same problem.

6. Iron
    Posted 16 years ago #

No, he is talking about domaine.com/folder
    That folder is not physically created.

Have I misunderstood ?

7. tempsgranollers
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK,

- Installation is new
    - Users are given high correctly
    - They create the 8 files in the database for each blog mysql
    - When the user receives email with a link to your blog, when pressed does not exist and gives error file not found.
    - I have looked in all directories and does not appear any directory with the name of the new blog.

8. Iron
    Posted 16 years ago #

check your .htaccess

9. tempsgranollers
    Posted 16 years ago #

What I look, which is what we have to change? Seems entirely correct.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"- I have looked in all directories and does not appear any directory with the name of the new blog."

And there will not be a directory created. No. Never. It exists only in the database.

They are not showing up because you probably didn't enable wildcard subdomains/ turn on virtual hosts. You or your hosts have to edit a file in Apache. If you don't do that, it won't work with subdomains.

PLEASE read the readme.txt file in the download.

11. tempsgranollers
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for your message. I reviewed the Apache configuration, and now it works!. I give you thanks for all of your interest ..

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by tempsgranollers
  • Latest reply from tempsgranollers