The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Rank the top blogs dynamically (8 posts)

1. johanhorak
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi

I will have sponsors for those who create blogs on my mu site. (There's a free option and a supported paid option). In order for the sponsors to know how well their sponsored blog is doing I though that it will be nice to rank these blogs dynamically.

The can be ranked by:
    1) Number of posts in the last month.
    2) Number of posts in the last 3 or 6 or 12 months or all time.
    3) There Alexa and
    4) Page Rank.

This will help me and the sponsor to monitor and decide if the sponsorship should continue or not.

I could not find anything specifically for MU regarding 3) and 4). And nothing as specific as 1) and 2).

Do you know of anything that I can use or are there other people who needs this and those who can create such a tool?

Regards

Johan

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

It would have to be specially coded. #1 & 2 are relatively easy, 3-4 a bit more diffucult (to me anyway)

3. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

actually andrea I think a plugin for 3 and 4 already exists for wordpress dashboards at least, the only problem being they poll google and alexa each time they need to get that data, and if you're trying to pool results from a swarm of 1000+ blogs you're not bound to be met with lightning fast pageloads.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Really? Cool, then.

And ouch. Yeah. That's the part I figured would be "hard".

5. johanhorak
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the comments. It will be nice but not easy.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Also, nunber of posts in one blog for all time already exists. :)

7. johanhorak
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi I did not yet all the answers but I got a lot more than I expected from Jim at his great site where he explores new and exiting mu wordpress stuff http://bavatuesdays.com/a-list-of-plugins-for-wpmu/
    Thanks Jim

Johan

8. jimgroom
    Posted 16 years ago #

Johan,

Remind me to send you that check for all the good publicity! Thanks for the kind words, and feel free to delete this post for I know it is totally off-topic and for that I'm sorry. Just can't let a good deed go unpunished.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by johanhorak
  • Latest reply from jimgroom