The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

ERROR: ERROR: WordPress requires Cookies but your browser does not support them (7 posts)

1. bcamp
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm getting the following error when i try to log in to my new WPMU install (local)...

"ERROR: WordPress requires Cookies but your browser does not support them or they are blocked."

According to the bug trac this was supposed to be fixed in #492. I've tried multiple web browsers with cookies enabled and nothing works...anyone know of a solution?

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just had that yesterday evening, with an "old" install, on a brand new vista installed pc. I checked cookies and they were enabled, so I just did a refresh and all was well

3. blouwagie
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I have only found Opera to work. IE 6 and FF 2 do not work. :-(

Bart

4. akirtland
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just updated to 2.3.3 and I'm still have the same cookie error problem. I've tried many things, but none of them have worked. Many suggestions involve deleting blank lines. I see a lot of blank lines in all my files. I'm sure I don't understand what is meant by a "blank line"

I've tried commenting out the three lines people suggest.

I've tried using Opera, a different computer, and so on.

In addition I have no problem logging in during the daytime, usually, but just no luck early morning or late night. The times seem rather standard (10AM to 10PM I can log in without the error), which makes me think it's related to something on my system, or related to my hosting service (fatcow).

What gives? I'm a bit at the end of my rope.

~alex

5. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

akirtland, please don't spam the forums. One post is just fine instead of coping and pasting.

6. akirtland
    Posted 16 years ago #

My apologies. Spam was not intended. With four forums (and perhaps more) addressing this issue, it just seemed prudent for me to hit the four of them.

Anyway, I am getting some help on one of the other forums, so no need to respond here.

~alex

7. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually the solution is still on the front page. It leads you to this thread:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=7080

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by bcamp
  • Latest reply from jackiedobson