The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Uh, bad behavior thinks I'M a spammer? (6 posts)

1. chowanec
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi all,

I've been running MU for about 2 months now, with three whole users on a relatively small blogsite for updating parents, grandparents and friends about our kids.

Two of the blogs are public, so there is some listings on google, etc. if you *know* how to search for it.

As of last night, myself and the other users cannot login at ALL. I can't even signup for a new blog. I get the same 403 error.

Bearing in mind, everything was working swimmingly for two months or so. Wildcard DNSing, etc. has been turned on and was working previously.

I've gone and backed the entire site up, grabbed my latest SQL databases, etc.

I ended up narrowing it down to the Bad Behavior plugin, which I renamed in my mu-plugins folder and everything works again. That said, I installed Bad Behavior for a reason and I'd like to avoid splogs as long as I can, etc. When it is active, I get a link in the 403 message that redirects me to ioerror.us, which has no home page...?

Anyone else seen this before?

error message (should go without saying that the email addy below is mine... and I made one up to avoid any bot crawling spam monsters):
    Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /wp-login.php on this server.

Your Internet Protocol address is listed on a blacklist of addresses involved in malicious or illegal activity. See the listing below for more details on specific blacklists and removal procedures.

Your technical support key is: 43bc-26e0-1366-73cd

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact spamhatesyou at littlehellraiser.com and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

4. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

i deleted it yesterday, actually for teh same reason

5. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Problem is: when BB checks the blacklists, it's own list (pointed at ioerror.com) is the one mucking it up.

I started this morning off with a clients site doing the same things. A quick commenting out of that particular list corrected the issue.

While a temporary fix, I haven't tried the new upgrade yet.

If the list the previous version was pointing to was modified so that it would "get your attention", I'm sure not very impressed with the shenanigans.

6. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Maybe it's knows your thoughts of SK2 and is seeking revenge. :)

I shouldn't have watched I Robot this afternoon.

edit: Looks like there's trouble in wp.org land as well: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/96954

reedit: There's a sticky over there as well. I think that's a first with a sticky for a 3rd party plugin.

rereedit: Sure is nice that we can still edit our posts over here for a time after posting.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by chowanec
  • Latest reply from theapparatus