The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Cannot embed YouTube videos (14 posts)

1. AffiliateElite
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi, I would appreciate any help from embedding YouTube videos.

I copied and pasted a YouTube video code into one of my posts. However, everytime I save the post, it strips out the embedded code. Gone!

Anyone who had the same problem with this?

Thanks!

2. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Please don't multi post. Most places on the net consider that very rude and you take time away from folks who are trying to help. Especially when it's an question that's been covered in the past a number of times.

Embeds are removed due to security concerns. Allowing them would give your endusers access to your file system and that's not something you want to be doing.

Best workaround is to install a plugin that allows this to occur.

Hope this helps

3. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

@AffiliateElite

Anarchy works well and they have an Mu version. Just put it in your mu-plugins folder and then everyone will have an icon on the toolbar for embedding YouTube videos.

http://an-archos.com/anarchy-media-player/

Steve

4. Iron
    Posted 16 years ago #

I heard that anarchy media player add 45 sql queries..

5. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

I heard that anarchy media player add 45 sql queries..

It would have to add some to work...don't know how many...just know it works.

Steve

6. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

May not be 45 but considering all those options it has on the back end, that may be correct.

We use this one. While it doesn't give you the options of Anarchy, it does support nearly 2 dozen different video sites.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

What options on the backend? there's some in a config file, which you usually don't have to touch. All it does on the user end is stick a button on the RTE.

8. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Isn't this the player that has all those color options for the player and whatnot?

9. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not that I can see. :)

10. Iron
    Posted 16 years ago #

Got it from here

Translation: anarchy media player is really a shit !

11. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Didn't need it translated, and it's working fine for me. :)

You should see how many queries SK2 generates...

12. keithalmli
    Posted 16 years ago #

does not work.. wont let me click on anything to get working.. to embed code!

13. politicalbear
    Posted 16 years ago #

ok, since you are a fellow gop'er I will work with you (at least on WPMU forum manners) before they all yell at you.

More, info is needed. Anarchy works for almost everyone that I have read about on these forums, so "does not work" won't get you much help, and "click on anything"..... ha, will definitely not get you anything.

Help the WPMU masters out (not me). They are always in here to help other users with legitimate problems. Legitimate means that they have shown enough respect for other peoples time to at least search the forums...for awhile, actually have read the read me file....several times (I believe there are even instruction about reporting issues), and know that WPMU is not for those scared of playing with code.

Sorry, I can't solve your issue with embedding stuff.

Great Blog idea.

14. larysa
    Posted 15 years ago #

Indeed use Anarchy Media Player or try this solution: wpmudev.org/project/Allow-Embedded-Videos.

Although they say, the latter may have some security issues.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by AffiliateElite
  • Latest reply from larysa