The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Upgrade specific blogs (7 posts)

1. Vimm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've upgraded from 1.2.5a to 1.3 and ran the upgrade from the admin page but some blogs didn't get upgraded and still have the wp_categories table. Is there a way to force an upgrade of specific blogs? Is there an error log that might indicate why some blogs didn't upgrade?

2. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

Deactivated/deleted/spammer blogs don't get the upgrade.

3. Vimm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ouch, that's a problem too. What happens when a disabled blog is re-enabled? Am I supposed to run the upgrade again?

The users that are complaining had an active blog long before the upgrade and they want to know why all their categories have disappeared. I've run the upgrade twice but these blogs still haven't upgraded. So far I can't find a way to upgrade them.

4. Vimm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I poked through the code and found that visiting the blog and appending "wp-admin/upgrade.php?step=1" to the url will update that blog. That fixes the problem with certain blogs but not for people with disabled blogs that are re-enabled. Would it make sense to have the upgrade process activate each disabled blog so that it can be upgraded and then deactivate it afterwards?

5. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

I saw your ticket. What may be better and a time saver is to keep the script currently as it is but, when a blog is returned to active status, run the upgrade script specifically for that blog and that blog alone. That way, time isn't wasted running the upgrade script for the *cough* thousands of spam blogs we all have.

I'm going to go add in my two cents to that ticket. I agree with what you;re trying to do here. I just think there's a better way.

6. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

Seems the upgrade url could be plugged into the "wpmublogsaction", "manage_blogs_custom_column" action hooks, or the "manage_posts_columns" filter in wpmu-blogs.php.

You know what I mean? ... If blog(spam or not) has no taxonomy tables, then show the upgrade button(for that blog alone) as an "Action" under SiteAdmin-->Blogs. Needs a flashy "I'm not ready for Tags!" spinning gif.

BTW, deleting "pre-taxonomy" spam blogs creates mysql errors looking for tables that don't exist, of course. If the upgrade is run before deleting, then no errors, but that seems kinda pointless, albeit cleaner.

Nevermind,
    Just read the ticket, as soon as wp-admin is run, the upgrade happens anyway.

7. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just read the ticket, as soon as wp-admin is run, the upgrade happens anyway.

I didn't know that either. I did know that user got looked at though when they logged in. There was a ticket about that many months ago.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by Vimm
  • Latest reply from theapparatus