The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

The "1" category that won't die (10 posts)

1. tdh
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm having a weird problem. There's a "1" (as in just the number 1 and nothing else) category on all blogs. If I delete it, it just comes back. What is it? It's annoying and ugly...

Anyone else having this problem?

Running latest MU btw.

2. agnul
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have exactly the same problem but on main blog only.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm not seeing it on two fresh installs.

4. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

I can't check to see the name of the tables but can you open up the database and check the database tables associated with the categories tables for both the blog and the sitewide categories to see what is occuring within the tables as well? Sorry I can't give the names as I can't pull up anything from here.

5. copperblade
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have that problem on my main blog. I noticed that one of my users also has the problem: http://books.bitfreedom.com/

6. qza
    Posted 16 years ago #

Maybe it's problem with Windows live writer?

When I post from WLW without assigning category, it assigns "1" category automatically.

7. copperblade
    Posted 16 years ago #

I don't use WLW, and this started happening on my blog after I did an import the first time. The other blog it happens on uses XML-RPC. So who knows, maybe it has something to do with some code expecting a category field and not finding one.

8. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

Same problem here as well with new 1.3 install.

9. peiqinglong
    Posted 16 years ago #

Go into your wp-admin > Options > Writing and change the Default Category from 1 to something else. Problem should be solved.

10. qza
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is there way to set it for all users?

About this Topic